Looking for information on how to make a natural room spray with essential oils?
We know a lot of our customers are buying our premium Bio-ethanol alcohol 95% for several uses, and one common product we get asked often is how do I make a natural essential oil room spray?
Fragrance room sprays can readily be purchased at the supermarkets and convenience stores, however if you look at the list of ingredients used, they contain various chemicals including artificial fragrances and other ingredients which you’ve probably never heard of (or be able to pronounce!). Our idea is to show you how to make your very own natural room sprays where you are in control of the ingredients and know what you are putting in and spraying inside your home.
By making your own Essential oil room sprays, you can create your own blends using your favourite essential oils. This is a great activity for the whole family and can be an excellent gift idea for any occasion such as Mother’s Day, Christmas or perhaps even for the new neighbour that’s just moved in next door!
DIY Room Spray Recipes
To get started on making a room spray, below are a few simple ingredients which you’ll need:
- Our 95% Bio-Ethanol Alcohol
- Distilled water. Or if not able to source, use boiled water that has cooled down completely
- Essential Oils (of course! See recipe below for a citrus scented spray)
- Glycerin or another form of solubiliser to help the essential oils and water mix. This also helps to prolong the scent after spraying.
- 60ml or ¼ cup of our 95% bio-ethanol alcohol
- 60ml or ¼ cup of distilled water, or boiled, cooled tap water
- 40 drops of essential oils
- ½ teaspoon of glycerin
Tools you’ll need:
- Measuring Cup
- Small funnel for pouring
- A spray bottle
Citrus Room Spray
Citrus is a great scent to help keep your home fresh and odour-free. Not only do they smell great, it can stimulate a cheerful and uplifting mood. Citrus also has some anti-bacterial and disinfecting properties which is an added bonus!
Essential Oils you’ll need:
- 10 drops of Grapefruit
- 10 drops of Lemon
- 10 drops of Sweet Orange
- 5 drops of Lavender